|Could this ever happen?|
Since writing THE FOREVER ONES, I'm always watching out for the latest developments in the science of aging, life expectancy and age reversal. I like to keep an eye on things because this type of discovery will be so significant and have such an impact on our society, I'd like to know in advance!
Here are a few things I've discovered:
- Dr Carol Greider won the Nobel Prize in 2009 for her discovery of telomerase, the key to the aging process. Check this video to hear her talk about the exciting discovery. All the latest research is centring on this. What is a telomere? A quick check of Wikipedia defines it like this: "A telomere is a region of repetitive DNA at the end of a chromosome, which protects the end of the chromosome from deterioration."
But listen to Dr. Greider to find out more.
Looks like someone's already trying to market it!
- Scientists have already reversed aging in mice. Check out this video!
- Nanotechnology will revolutionize medicine and contribute to extended life expectancy. According to Dr. Grossman "Just forty years from now, medical research will have further
developments such as microscopic devices, called nanobots, that can beinjected into your blood stream to keep you healthy at the cellular level."
- Corporations are already springing up to keep abreast of new scientific findings and technologies. Check this one out!
So you see - there may be an IdunaCorp one day! And it may be sooner than you think!
FOREVER ONES UPDATE!
- Check out the latest review of THE FOREVER ONES from +Deborah McKnight . You'll find it on her terrific Of Dreams and Shadows blog
- Also a newly revised version of the novel is available on Amazon in Kindle and paperback. My apologies to readers for some errors in the previous version.